Clementina villa accessibility report
CLEMENTINA FOR GUESTS WITH LIMITED MOBILITY OR DISABILITIES
All villas in Sicily audited for guests with limited mobility and disabilities >>
Clementina was inspected by Lynne Kirby, Managing Director of Enable Holidays, in November 2014 in her capacity as an experienced auditor of Accessible Properties.
The information below is a summary of her findings. The information is believed to be accurate, but is offered by way of a guide only. The Thinking Traveller cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions, and it is the responsibility of our guests to ensure that the property is suitable for their requirements. To help in this regard, please provide us with all possible information about any member in your group with limited mobility or disabilities (see our question check list for more info).
Clementina might be considered suitable for part-time wheelchair users and anybody with limited mobility. Here are some of the positive and negative aspects.
- The villa is all on one level and is comprised of three bedrooms, a living and dining area, a kitchen and a study.
- There are two portable metal ramps that can be used to access the property.
- The room that is most suitable is the double bedroom near the kitchen with en-suite shower room. The cupboard in the room could be moved to provide better access.
- The bedroom door width is 80cm and the en-suite shower room's double doors are 1.6m wide.
- There is a 9cm lip giving access to the shower, therefore the wheelchair user would have to be able to stand to step over this. There is, however, a large grip rail outside the shower to help with access, and two more inside.
- The toilet in this bathroom may be equipped with a raised seat, though this should be specifically requested before booking.
- There is no hand held shower.
- The main living areas are accessible but some furniture would need to be arranged in the living room to allow for better access.
Clementina is built around a hill and the pool is located above the villa. The distance from the house to the pool is roughly 40 metres up a slope. Below are Lynne's comments regarding the pool and other outdoor areas:
- A car can be parked near the front door and also near the swimming pool, making the trip up easy. Access to the pool area from where a car could be parked is down some steps with a handrail and getting into the pool itself is via some steps with a single handrail. There is one step up to the poolside barbecue and dining area and the access to the pool bathroom would be very tight.
- There is a barbecue and an outdoor dining area immediately outside the villa's kitchen.
- There are some uneven surfaces including grass and paving stones but the majority of the garden immediately surrounding the villa is all on one level.
- Removable ramps to access the villa; grab rails in the master bedroom's en-suite shower room;
Facilities not available
- Bedroom door width - 80cm
- Bathroom door width - 1.6m
- Shower lip - 9cm