If you have a special occasion coming up - say an important birthday or wedding anniversary - why not let us organise a celebration to remember at one of our top villas?
For weddings, please click here.
Our London team, working hand in hand with our on-the-ground concierge, can help with organising live music, special menus or any other desires you might have, as well as recommending accommodation for extra guests (if you're planning on inviting more people to your p1.arty than can sleep in the villa).
Then, on the special day, our concierge, along with the gracious owners and the villas' staff, will be there to ensure that everything runs smoothly and according to plan.
For information about villas suitable for special events, and assistance in planning your dream celebration in Sicily, please write to email@example.com or give us a call on +44 (0)20 7377 8518 or 1-800-490-1107 (toll-free from the US and Canada). In the meantime, please find below some information on services, pricing and general conditions.
- Special events can generally only be organised at our villas from January to the end of May and from October to December, and then only with the prior agreement of the owner.
- Villa rental prices vary depending on the time of year and include the rental of the villa (accommodation for the max. number of guests stated) and all the villa’s services and facilities as per our website.
- Additional guests over the maximum that the villa has been booked for may not stay at the villa overnight. Please note that the number of guests for an event include those staying at the villa.
- There is a compulsory event management fee – please see below for more information on services and costs in addition to the villa rental.
Getting married in Sicily? Please see our weddings page.
Services and costs
A compulsory Event Management Fee of €2,500
This price includes:
- Help in choosing and coordinating local aspects of the event (see details below) with our Event Planner
- Organisation of the event (dinner/reception/party)
- Assistance with event design
- Venue coordination
- Our Event Planner's presence and supervision at the event day for 4 hours. If the Event Planner is required to stay more than 4 hours on the day, there will be an additional charge of €60 per hour.
NB The information above refers to the special event only, i.e. one event at the villa. If you wish to organise other events/dinners, etc. during your week at the villa and invite more guests (i.e. anyone over and above the maximum occupancy of the property), please contact us for more info regarding feasibility and guest numbers. Extra charges will apply.
Additional Event Fees
Additional event fees (around €3,000 for our larger properties) will be payable on top of the compulsory event management fee. These will vary, depending on the precise nature of the event (i.e. exceptional/extraordinary use of the property), the villa in question, special requests, the number of people and the time of year. Please let us know all the details of your event as early as possible (and certainly before booking) so that we can provide you with detailed pricing in good time.
We will also be happy to help you to design and coordinate the following services. Please contact us for prices.
- Catering (food, service and linen, cutlery)
- Live music (live band, Sicilian band, string quartet, etc.)
- Beautician (hair and make-up)
- Chair rental (when different chairs from the ones at the villa are requested)
- Photographer (we can recommend a trustworthy English-speaking professional)
Terms and Conditions
Think Experiences are provided by independent local companies which are neither owned not controlled by The Thinking Traveller and for whom we act only as an agent. Whilst every effort is made to keep the description of every Think Experience up to date, the provider may cancel or amend your experience at their discretion for many reasons including where it considers that there may be a risk to your comfort, health or safety. Some excursions/activities (i.e. helicopter rides, excursions on Mount Etna, boat charter, etc.) may contain an element of risk or require a good level of physical fitness, and, if in doubt, you should contact us so we can put you in contact directly with the local provider before deciding to buy. Please also check that you are covered for the activity(ies) in question by your travel insurance policy.
In acting in the capacity of an agent on behalf of the provider, your contract will be with that provider and will be subject to their standard terms and conditions, and it will not form part of your contracted holiday arrangements with us. Any complaint (including any allegation of breach of contract or negligence) should be taken up with the excursion/activity provider directly. We will do our best to assist you, but will have no liability in relation to the performance of that contract.