Getting to your villa on Paxos or Antipaxos
Clients of The Thinking Traveller staying at any of our villas on Paxos and Antipaxos have return transfers between Corfu Airport and their villa included in the price of the rental.
We'll arrange for one of our drivers to pick you up at Corfu Airport and whisk you off to Corfu New Port, ensuring that you safely get on the hydrofoil to Gaios on Paxos, which takes between 1hr-1hr30. If you're staying on Paxos, you'll be able to pick up your hire car in the port and head to your villa. If you're continuing on to Antipaxos, the owner of your villa will meet you off the hydrofoil at Gaios harbour and take you over to Antipaxos on his boat, just a 15-minute crossing.
Day trips from Paxos and Antipaxos to Corfu
Here's a few ideas for anyone wishing to do a little island hopping - such as visiting the bustling and historically fascinating town of Corfu - while staying on Paxos or Antipaxos.
Getting to Corfu
1. The Flying Dolphin company operates a hydrofoil service, the Ilida, which transports foot passengers from Gaios, the main harbour on Paxos, to Corfu New Port. The journey takes about 1 hour and costs around €23*. For timetabling information and to book, contact email@example.com or tel. +30 2662 032401. It's best to book early during the high season, as there is high demand for seats.
2. The Despina fast boat service for foot passengers runs between Paxos and Corfu and takes about 1.5 hours. Tickets cost approximately €15*. For timetabling information please check www.kamelialines.gr or phone +30 2662 032123
3. As an alternative, if you would like to arrive in style and travel according to your own timetable, you could take a private sea taxi. This is a good option for groups of up to 8 people travelling together but needs to be booked well in advance, particularly in the high season, as demand is high. We would be happy to arrange a sea taxi for you with our local supplier at a cost of 300 euros each way.
Getting between Paxos and Antipaxos
1. In the high season, there are frequent sea taxi departures from Gaios port on Paxos to Antipaxos, and vice-versa. The journey time is only about 15 minutes. We recommend you find out when the last boat back is before taking the trip - just ask your Local Manager.
2. The best way to get between the two islands and indeed to see them from the sea, is to hire your own boat - just ask us if you'd like to arrange this.
Travelling between Paxos and Antipaxos and the Greek mainland
If you are arriving via the Greek mainland, or wish to take a trip over there during your stay on Paxos or Antipaxos, there is a car ferry service that runs between Gaios harbour on Paxos to Igoumenitsa on the mainland. It takes about 1hr45 and runs approximately 3 times per week in low season and almost daily in high season. The price is approximately 40 euros* one-way for a car and 10 euros* per foot passenger (children pay half price). This is also a good option if you are arriving from Italy or transferring from Lefkada and would like to take your hire car with you (NB you can't take your hire car to Antipaxos).
You can also travel via private sea taxi from a variety of ports on the Greek mainland to and from Paxos. We would be happy to arrange any of the following options for you:
Igoumenitsa - Paxos: 250 euros one way (approx. 45mins)
Parga - Paxos: 180 euros one way (approx. 30mins)
Perdika - Paxos: 180 euros one way (approx. 45mins)
*Prices correct when we created this page. We will update them on a regular basis.
Villas on Corfu, Paxos and Antipaxos >>