GUIDE TO THE SPORADES
Although each island in the Sporades has plenty to keep you busy for a week or two, it would be a shame if you were staying on Skopleos and you didn’t visit Alonissos (or vice versa). Fortunately, it’s relatively easy to nip between the islands. A regular service of hydrofoils and car ferries (up to four a day) runs between Skiathos, Skopelos (the ports of Glossa/Loutraki and Skopelos Town) and Alonissos (Patitiri). We recommend you check locally for up-to-date timetables, as they are subject to change.
Here are the approximate duration of crossings:
- Skopelos Town to Alonissos - 25mins/30mins.
- Glossa/Loutraki to Alonissos - 1hr10/1hr35
- Skiathos to Glossa/Loutraki - 20mins/30mins.
- Skiathos to Skopelos Town - 1hr/1hr10.
- Skiathos to Alonissos - 1hr35/2hr10